FreshRetroGallery by Elizabeth Knaus Shops

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Jude Bible Sketch

Concerned about stumbling?

 

Presented blameless?

 

What does this mean?

No one is immune from temptation. What is sin? It’s serious. The Only exemption of its consequences of Judgement on the Great Resurrection Day coming, is by the faith for salvation in Christ. God, to keep us from stumbling and to actually call us blameless in the faith, took our sin upon Himself. No one should ignore this huge loving sacrifice for us! Jesus is the reason the Church celebrates

  • Christmas, that He came to live with us
  • Good Friday, that He finished, for us on the cross, taking the punishment sin deserves
  • Easter, that He victoriously rose from the grave so we may have life with Him

Are you connected to Our Father in Heaven, at peace, made holy by Jesus and kept for Him by the faith? In Christ, there’s everyday freedom to prayerfully repent, plus regularly confess along with other sinners whenever worship services are held. Taking absolute cover by the faith, our final destination is eternal life together with Him. Empowered by God’s means of grace, we’re expected to contend for the faith. We’re created to use our brains, keep praying in the Holy Spirit and persevere while we’re waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. By the grace of God we’re cautioned about deceptions and perversions which deny salvation in Christ alone. 

The Creator didn’t make us as robots to be controlled, nor to act like unreasoning animals. To have no remorse over continual rebellion against the authority of God’s Word by intentionally neglecting gifts of the Holy Spirit, is asking for trouble. To focus on ourselves and our dreams, above actively abiding in the mercy of Christ, may lead to chronic wandering further from Truth as far away as long-standing division. It shows up in thoughts, words, and actions being

  • worldly
  • wild
  • gloomy
  • dark
  • harsh
  • grumbler
  • loud-mouth boaster
  • malcontent
  • scoffer

Lord, have mercy. Life is a struggle, yet in Christ there’s certain hope. 

The evil happening right now isn’t new. Blaspheming what isn’t understood and instinctive corruptions such as antinomianism or Gnosticism are still thriving today. 

To foolishly choose to purposely walk away from the most holy saving faith is a choice which seemingly has no consequence now, yet will actually result in irreversible eternal doom.

Jude

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 24-25
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 24-25

Come, Lord Jesus be our guest.

Mercy, peace and love to us be blessed in Baptism and Communion. Oh, give thanks unto the Lord for He is good. Our Creator who provides life-giving Faith/Grace/Scripture/Truth calls us to respond to Him and encourages us to stand together. Everyone’s welcome to learn about the Word in the church established to have a role in the healing God does for us. Participating receives opportunity to repent, be forgiven, gain understanding of Truth by asking Bible study questions. Growth that happens during sharing in caring discussions is so beneficial. Above and beyond the very real sorrows and struggles, Spirit-opened minds rest in God’s help and promise. Empowered to fight against temptation, the faith discovers how to step-up standards. Whoever is trusting they’re kept in the love of Christ’s excellencies—whenever they pray with a contrite heart—are repeatedly forgiven, protected, pulled out of darkness and cleansed of the cruddy stuff that happens to them. Church prepares us for the week ahead through encouragment to keep up daily prayer. Singing, reading or listening to Scripture and materials which support the faith, help us live by grace. Joy is ours through Jesus. Being comforted and equipped by the Spirit, we’re free to diligently call sin a sin, strive to flee evil so to turn to the cross of our Savior. Carefully, we pray to build each other up in mercy.

Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart

Listen and sing

Lord, Thee I love with all my heart;
 I pray Thee, ne’er from me depart,
 With tender mercy cheer me.
 Earth has no pleasure I would share,
 Yea, heav’n itself were void and bare 
If Thou, Lord, wert not near me.
 And should my heart for sorrow break,
 My trust in Thee can nothing shake.
 Thou art the portion I have sought;
 Thy precious blood my soul has bought.
 Lord Jesus Christ, 
My God and Lord, my God and Lord,
 Forsake me not! I trust Thy Word.

Yea, Lord, ’twas Thy rich bounty gave
 My body, soul, and all I have In this poor life of labor.
 Lord, grant that I in ev’ry place
 May glorify Thy lavish grace
 And help and serve my neighbor.
 Let no false doctrine me beguile;
 And Satan not my soul defile.
 Give strength and patience unto me 
To bear my cross and follow Thee. 
Lord Jesus Christ, 
My God and Lord, my God and Lord,
 In death Thy comfort still afford.

Lord, let at last Thine angels come,
 To Abram’s bosom bear me home,
 That I may die unfearing;
 And in its narrow chamber keep
 My body safe in peaceful sleep
 Until Thy reappearing.
 And then from death awaken me,
 That these mine eyes with joy may see,
 O Son of God, Thy glorious face,
 My Savior and my fount of grace.
 Lord Jesus Christ, 
my prayer attend, my prayer attend,
 And I will praise Thee without end.
—Lutheran Service Book (LSB) 708

More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here